Monday, December 1, 2008

I am currently watching a DVD TV series called 2075 on the Discovery Channel. I not sure if the data shown in the series is 100% correct but wow...I think everyone who is interested in the future should for sure watch it. The series takes you through what the world will be like in the year 2075. From digital holographs to being able to print an organ, I am constantly on the edge of my seat. One of the more interesting topics on this show was the idea that cars will be driving themselves. I'm sorry but is that even possible, more importantly is it necessary? An argument with a close friend of mine helped me to decipher the difference. A car driving itself is said to eliminate traffic on roads. But wouldn’t a car be making the same decisions a human would be? How can the power of a self instructed car prevent traffic caused by rush hour and merging?

No comments: